Six Meat Buffet

This blog is the magnet, and you are steel.



If you have arrived at this site from sixmeatbuffet.com, then either the main site is down and you've received a 404 error, or the main site is down for maintenance. If you've arrived at this site any other way, you should probably know that the Six Meat Buffet blog is actually at SixMeatBuffet.Com.

This is the backup site for use when things go wrong over at the main site. Which is not uncommon. You can always drop me a line at preston-at-sixmeatbuffet-dot-com or sixmeat-at-gmail-dot-com if you have questions.

8/24/2004

Weak

Why does President Junior always do this kind of crap to me?

Bush criticizes Anti-Kerry ad.

Yeah, yeah, it's just politics, and I shouldn't complain. This is a load of crap. How can Bush show so much backbone in taking on Islamofascism in the rest of the world, but is still afraid of the Old Media in the U.S.?

"I think they're bad for the system," added Bush, who had ignored calls to condemn the ad while it was on the air.

Asked about the issue, Bush said, "I think Senator Kerry served admirably and he ought to be proud of his record. But the question is who is best to lead the country in the war on terror? Who can handle the responsibilities of the commander in chief? Who's got a clear vision of the risks that the country faces?"

Bush criticized the groups' first commercial and all other outside group attack ads - many of which have targeted his own re-election.

"That means that ad, every other ad," he said. "I can't be more plain about it. And I wish - I hope my opponent joins me in saying - condemning these activities of the 527s. It's - I think they're bad for the system. That's why I signed the bill, McCain-Feingold."

Bush's comment about 527s was a reference to independent groups that raise money in unlimited amounts. The so-called McCain-Feingold bill, a campaign finance overhaul bill which Bush signed reluctantly earlier in his term, banned the political parties from raising such funds.

Signing McCain/Feingold was another one of the President's massive domestic failures. I wish he would show the same testicular fortitude domestically that he's shown in the war on terror.