Six Meat Buffet

This blog is the magnet, and you are steel.



If you have arrived at this site from sixmeatbuffet.com, then either the main site is down and you've received a 404 error, or the main site is down for maintenance. If you've arrived at this site any other way, you should probably know that the Six Meat Buffet blog is actually at SixMeatBuffet.Com.

This is the backup site for use when things go wrong over at the main site. Which is not uncommon. You can always drop me a line at preston-at-sixmeatbuffet-dot-com or sixmeat-at-gmail-dot-com if you have questions.

9/20/2004

Football follies



Well it was another ugly week of football picks. I didn't do so badly in the college games - going 4/5 - missing on the Ohio St./NC St. game. Bad news for Nathan's Tide, with the loss of Brody Croyle for the season.

The mighty Vols, however, pulled it out in the last second - what a story of sports-related redemption! Wilhoit misses an extra point, leaving the score 28-27 Gators with 3 minutes left. The Vol defense gave Wilhoit another chance by stopping Florida and forcing a punt. Freshman QB Eric Ainge got the Vols down to the 33 yard line, setting up a 50-yard field goal to win it and Wilhoit splits the uprights. From goat to hero in no time flat. What a sweet win - and even sweeter because it happened to the Gators.

I couldn't have done worse in the pros. I went 0/4, and I'm now confident that Minnesota will win tonight's game at Philadelphia. That will leave me an abysmal 0/5 on the weekend. I am ashamed of my picks and of my Titans' poor performance against the Colts.

In other NFL news, Mrs. Holmes astutely pointed out that every team had a 40 decal on their helmets and asked me what that might mean. As I suspected, according to NFL.Com, it was a weekend-long tribute to former Arizona Cardinal Pat Tillman, who was killed in action in Afghanistan earlier this year. There was a tribute to Tillman at this weekend's Cardinals/Patriots game - including video messages from President Bush & John McCain.

You may remember how Marxist cartoonist Ted Rall thought Tillman's death was amusing.