Six Meat Buffet

This blog is the magnet, and you are steel.



If you have arrived at this site from sixmeatbuffet.com, then either the main site is down and you've received a 404 error, or the main site is down for maintenance. If you've arrived at this site any other way, you should probably know that the Six Meat Buffet blog is actually at SixMeatBuffet.Com.

This is the backup site for use when things go wrong over at the main site. Which is not uncommon. You can always drop me a line at preston-at-sixmeatbuffet-dot-com or sixmeat-at-gmail-dot-com if you have questions.

11/30/2004

The BLAH-gosphere

I don't know if it's post-election let-down, the upcoming holiday season or the rigors of everyday life, but I've been feeling like taking a blog-break lately. I've always tried not to blog when I don't have something interesting, offensive or funny to post, but lately inspiration has been lacking (with the exception of Debra Lafave - she is inspiring indeed!).

And it seems that I'm not alone in this malaise. Just this morning, I was chatting with Johnny Walker Red, who has had a bit of blog-block lately himself, only to return today with a hilarious post.

David over at Sparse Matrix recently admitted he was suffering blogger burnout. Rusty went fishing, and a magical fish told him to check himself before he wrecks himself - he was later attacked by some angry water llamas, but appears to be okay.

Bill at INDC has lately found blogging to be more work than fun - but he has a hell of a lot more traffic to deal with. Even Allahpundit is MIA well into his second month, though he is prone to such abscences, from what I've read.

So, what's the point of all this? Well, I've decided to quit trying to predict what my small following of readers wants and go back to my reason for starting this blog in the first place - blowing off steam.

What this also means is that I have no idea what I'll be posting about from day to day. So while many bloggers have carved delightful niches for themselves, I have no idea what the six meats are going to be from day-to-day, and that's the way it's gonna be.

I don't know if blogging about sports on Monday, islamofascists on Tuesday, moonbats on Wednesday, etc., will hurt my credibility on any particular issue, but then again what the fuck does it matter? This isn't National Review for cryin' out loud.

I guess when I start overthinking this blogging stuff, I'll do the sphere a favor and quit. Until then, prepare for disjointed madness as long as the Buffet is open. That may be the only way to avoid crashing and burning.