Six Meat Buffet

This blog is the magnet, and you are steel.



If you have arrived at this site from sixmeatbuffet.com, then either the main site is down and you've received a 404 error, or the main site is down for maintenance. If you've arrived at this site any other way, you should probably know that the Six Meat Buffet blog is actually at SixMeatBuffet.Com.

This is the backup site for use when things go wrong over at the main site. Which is not uncommon. You can always drop me a line at preston-at-sixmeatbuffet-dot-com or sixmeat-at-gmail-dot-com if you have questions.

9/12/2004

Fontgate, typegate, rathergate

Even though this was the third anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, shockingly, other news has continued happening - like the continuation of fontgate and the decline of CBS' non-existent credibility. In my opinion, they haven't had credibility since Rather faked his "combat" news reports from the Afghanistan front in the late 70s (or was it early 80s?). I'm in the same boat as Johnny Walker Red however - I don't have the qualifications or the interest to really dig into the story, but plenty of better informed folks are (and Johnny links to many of them):

Little Green Footballs - on the front line in this battle
PoliBlog
Shape of Days - hilarious response to viewer mail
Flounder.Com (Via Allah) - more detail than you could ever want
Allah also has the funniest thing I've seen on the subject - you'll have to go see it for yourself. I'm still laughing.

To summarize this, more and more evidence of tomfoolery keeps coming out, proving the documents are forgeries. Only Rather and the Boston Globe and some goof at PC Mag are defending Rather.

None of this is news to me, however. CBSABCNBCCNN have long been liars and this is just another link in the chain. I realize that this time is different because they were caught redhanded by the blogosphere and alternative media and they have nowhere to hide.

While it's nice to finally have some dogshit to rub Rather's face in, is anyone really going to notice - or more importantly - will this make any kind of difference in the election? I suppose if the Kerry campaign is implicated and proven culpable, it may have an impact, but it's chock-full of such minutia, I just don't see it having any consequence. But that's just me.

This doesn't mean that I'm not enjoying reading about it all over the blogosphere - because I am.